Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DIY Cupcakes and a Baby Shower





I've been meaning to post these photos from my good friend Brooke's baby shower for over a week now! A handful of us hosted a cupcakes and champagne party in honor of Brooke, which to me was a lot more fun than the traditional afternoon shower. I mean who doesn't like champagne?? Instead of just baking a bunch of pre-made cupcakes, we let guests pick and choose their cake and icing flavor, plus special toppings. I think my favorite was the strawberry cupcake with vanilla butter cream frosting....it was delicious! You can check out more photos from the shower on Brooke's blog, and you can even see a sneak peak of her nursery here!





10 comments:

  1. Sid this is a cute idea! I am going to share it with my sorority sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea! looks beautiful. I am also thinking I love this house:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best idea ever! And just in time for a birthday party this Friday at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our friend Mary Ellen hosted the shower at her fabulous house! She has such a knack for decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this. Everything was perfect and I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete