Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Recap

I knew when my husband told me he was taking care of dinner for Valentine's Day that I was in store for something good. He is fabulous in the kitchen, and yes...I do know how LUCKY I am to have a husband who cooks. Over the weekend he had me fooled that he was going to be grilling steaks for our Valentine's Dinner, so you can imagine my surprise when I walked into our kitchen to find all the fixings for homemade sushi! We had been talking about picking up a sushi kit for some time know, but had just never gotten around to it....until now....


It was actually a lot easier to make sushi than I thought, but I guess that is easy for me to say since I didn't make the rice! Perhaps I should say ASSEMBLING the sushi was easy and fun :)!


All you have to do is....
                                    1. Put a layer down of rice on the sushi mat
2. Add nori on top
3. Add your fixings
4. And start rolling!



Our sushi definitely would not win an award for best looking, but our rolls were really delicious! So if you are thinking about taking the plunge and making sushi at home, I highly recommend it!!




1 comment: