Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More from My Wish List...

I have been wanting a new light fixture for my dining room for some time now, but just haven't found one that I love...and can afford. Unfortunately, my fiance doesn't have a great fixture either so I'm still looking...and looking...and looking. I am definitely drawn to the lantern look but am open to anything besides my ugly brass chandelier! I saw the image below on one of my favorite blogs, Delight by Design, and stuck it in my inspiration file. I'm planning on going to Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta in May so I'm crossing my fingers I can find something there that fits into my budget!

.

Not only am I in need of a new light fixture, but I would also love a new rug for my dining room. I'm pretty traditional when it comes to decorating, but a few of my friends have recently updated their houses with a cowhide rug and they look fabulous! I would definitely be stepping outside of my comfort zone with this purchase, but I think it would be fun. I saw this one on West Elm for $369...but my good friend told me Southeastern Salvage sells them for $99. I guess I will be visiting that store more often hoping to score a good deal on a cowhide rug!


Image via Delight by Design and West Elm

1 comment:

  1. What about something like this from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90147465 You can't buy it online, but if you're going to Atlanta, you could pick it up.

    And I've been dying to go to Southeastern Salvage. I hear it's great!

    ReplyDelete