Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Blue idea...

My friend Margaret just read my last blog post about "Something Blue" at weddings and she gave me the most wonderful idea to share with you! Here is the email she sent me...
"Speaking of the something old, something new adage, I’ve started giving antique handkerchiefs to friends who are getting married- I stock up on them at antique stores and buy ones with blue embroidery or blue motifs so that they can pass for something old and something blue (one friend carried hers with her bouquet, another stitched it inside her dress)."
I LOVE this idea!!! What a thoughtful wedding gift to give a special friend. I think adding the wedding date and bride's (new)monogram would be a nice touch too. Wouldn't it be fun to pass it down from generation to generation?! I can just picture a beautiful hankerchief with wedding dates and monograms for a grandmother, mother and daughter. Thanks for sharing Margaret!



Photo via Antique Linen

1 comment:

  1. aw this is a fabulous idea. my mom passed hers down to me, and added lace from her wedding veil to it as well. monogrammed it in blue of course! it was so special.

    Love you blog, especially the charleston post...i still consider myself a local even though i had to move away a year ago. i will be back sooner than later hopefully!

    great blog!

    ReplyDelete