Monday, August 24, 2009

Watermelon Cooler


I was at the dentist's office the other day and saw this July issue(2009) of Southern Living on the coffee table and decided to sneak a peak before getting called back. My subscription to Southern Living ran out a few months ago and after seeing this issue, I realized I've really been missing this great magazine! Of course the cover grabbed my eye...I'm LOVING the idea of a Watermelon cooler for a party. What a great DIY idea for adding a little special creative touch to your next party.



And, what could be more perfect than serving Watermelon Agua Frescas from your watermelon cooler?? Check out the recipe from Maria Corbalan, owner of Taco Xpress in Austin, Texas...
Watermelon Agua Frescas Recipe

yield
Makes about 5 cups

ingredients
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew melon
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups cold water

preparation
Process watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew melon and sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in 2 cups cold water. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve over ice.
I'm thinking it would be great for a party at the lake, beach or even in your backyard. Watermelons = summertime to me so you better use this idea quick, because the lazy days of summer are almost over!
Photos via Southern Living

No comments:

Post a Comment