Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dining Room Re-Do!

Do you ever find yourself not wanting to host a party because you just don't love your dining room? Well, I've been there...and am still there. I saw this dining room "rescue" as they called it on myhomeideas.com and am so jealous!! I need someone to come rescue my dining room!
.
Dining room BEFORE rescue:

.

Dining room AFTER rescue:
.
.
.
..
So, here are the reasons why I am green with envy over this dining room:
.
1. I LOVE a round table because it is so much easier for everyone to be in conversation with each other. I really hate it when I am stuck on the end at tables and the great thing about a round table...no end seats!
.
2. Lighting can be so important in setting the mood for a party, and my awful brass(yes, I admit that it is hanging in my house) chandelier just isn't cutting it these days. I have been wanting to switch to an iron piece, especially a lantern like this one.
.
3. The antique buffet is calling my name! I usually have to serve plates in the kitchen because my dining room isn't big enough(neither is my checkbook) for something similar to this gorgeous buffet.
.
4. I love the soothing and warm colors incorporated into the room through paint, fabric, and the table setting...simply fabulous!

.
Even though I am not head over heels in love with my dining room, I'll still be hosting parties...its in my blood...and I LOVE it!



Photos via My Home Ideas

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this dining room. I have it bookmarked in my CL magazine. Such an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete