1. Take the time to prepare.
2. Never underestimate what will sell (that nasty futon from college...yep...SOLD!).
3. Set up early...people will begin to arrive before your yard sale officially starts.
4. Be prepared to stay late. We had people stopping by 2 hours after the sale was "officially" over.
5. Don't lose hope. We had a few big items left near the end that we didn't think were going to sell, but by the end of the day all of them were gone.
Here is a before photo:.
Unforunately, I was too busy packing up what was leftover to take to Good Will to show you an after photo...But here is a photo of two little helpers who stopped by near the end to see their first yard sale!