Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Dad's 65th Birthday Party

At the beginning of January, my hubby and I hosted a family dinner to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday.  It was our first time to have my whole family over for dinner since the wedding and we had a blast! My hubby is quite the chef, and I'm not too bad myself so we decided to whip up a delicious dinner. 

The menu:

                                                                        Pork Tenderloin
                                                                 Boursin Mashed Potatoes
                                                                 Snap Peas with Pancetta (we served them warm)
 and for dessert...
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

My hubby was in charge of the pork tenderloin and the ice cream so I don't have those recipes handy unfortunately. My sister helped out by bringing the boursin mashed potatoes, which is a recipe that my hubby and I created together. Its super easy and one we love to make. Simply make mashed potatoes (combine cooked potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper) and then add in boursin cheese. Even my 5 year old nephew is a big fan! So, of course when I got busy in the kitchen I completely forgot to take pictures of the food to show you, and there was not much left after the party!! I did however snap a few pics of my table set up. I decided to go casual with place mats from Pottery Barn and my white berry and thread Juliska dinner plates. I added a little bit of flair by alternating plain white napkins and white napkins with greenery embroidered. I also thought it would be fun to drink out of our new William Yeoward crystal glasses!



 Since my hubby now has me on a budget with all my party planning, I went for a simple floral arrangement displayed in a fun modern vase. I think the total cost was about $3...not too bad!!

Here are a few more close up pics of the table....






No comments:

Post a Comment