Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bamboo Plates to the Rescue!

Have you ever hosted a dinner party with more guests than the china you have in your cabinets? (If you are married, this question probably doesn't apply to you). This is the story of my life! I've been collecting Juliska dinner plates for a couple of years now, but I still don't have enough to accomodate my supper club of 14. Usually I'm running over to my sister's house to borrow extra plates (she just started collecting juliska too). But, sometimes its just too much work to lug china from house to house. So, what do you do in order to avoid paper/plastic plates? Use bamboo! I was over at a friend's earlier this year where she served dinner on these fabulous bamboo (disposable) plates from World Market. And, depending on the food you serve, these plates CAN be washed and used again! I love their rustic look...how perfect for a fall dinner party!
.
.
Photo via World Market

3 comments:

  1. I have these and love them. I got them last year after someone served me brunch on them in NYC. Such a fun find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fact that you can reuse bamboo plates. definitely the way to go if you throw numerous dinner parties and they're so much better looking than plain old paper plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to check Whole Foods for them too, they have them here in London, they do forks, knives and spoons too!

    ReplyDelete