Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Dinner Party

I think October has become one of my favorite months of the year to entertain. There are so many seasonal elements to incorporate that can make for a chic dinner party! I picked up a few pumpkins at a Farmer's market in town to display on my front steps, along with a few candles and a purple mum. ..




I decided to tackle turning a gourd into a vase, but unfortunately the gourd selection at Publix was not very appealing. I ended up grabbing a pumpkin, which was probably a lot easier anyway! My sister had some leftover flowers from Bennett's baptism, so I spent a grand total of $10 on flowers, which my wallet is thanking me for!


.
I don't know if you remember my flower inspiration from earlier this week, but here is how my copy of Martha's arrangement turned out. I decided to throw in some white pumkins for a fun twist!

.
.
Do you think I made Martha proud? **One note of caution if you try this...make sure to place the candles a lot lower than the flowers, so that the flame doesn't turn your flowers brown.

.


When having a large dinner party, I usually set up the bar outside (depending on weather of course) and I always drape my table with burlap. Its very rustic chic and I love it! I used a large lantern for decoration and to provide more light at the bar. It was perfect for taking up some space on my large table so that I didn't have to use a large flower arrangement!
k
.
.
One thing I always tend to forget when planning a party is that it usually takes a lot more time than I think. Thankfully my BF came to the rescue helping me cook and set up, which I was so grateful for. The more hands the better! Happy fall party planning!

2 comments:

  1. Love this and cant wait to be back in the ham to come to one of these fun parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly brilliant fall dinner party! Glad to see these decorations. For my best friend’s birthday celebrations, planning a surprise spring themed party. Want to book a spacious themed Seattle venues but not getting anything in range.

    ReplyDelete