Friday, October 2, 2009

Renny Reynolds, Hortulus Farm

This weekend Birmingham Botanical Gardens is hosting its annual event, Antiques at the Gardens, and I had the pleasure of attending a lecture this morning by Renny Reynolds on his AMAZING gardens in Pennsylvania. The images below do ZERO justice to the slideshow he presented today. I was literally in awe at the beauty he has created on his land, known as the Hortulus Farm. I would love to have the chance to take a stroll down his peony walk, or have lunch on one of his several fabulous terraces, or take a dip in his pool with the gorgeous fountain (last image). My mind was racing over the possibilites for parties in the gardens, and the wonderful photos I could be taking with my new (toy) camera. He mentioned that he has hosted several events for non-profits in the area and a couple weddings for close friends. Oh, to be a flower in the garden to have a front row seat to all the fabulous festivities!! His home will be featured in Veranda sometime this fall/winter(can't remember the month, sorry!) so keep a look out if you are a subscriber! Also, if you are ever in Pennsylvania, his home and gardens are open to tours, which I highly recommend.
.
.
.
.
.
To learn more about Renny and his fabulous home and gardens, check out his web site!

No comments:

Post a Comment