Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Emory & James

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Emory & James, a boutique gift company that creates custom, handmade platters and coasters out of paper memorabilia. I fell in love immediately with Amanda and Elissa's work when I visited their web site. I contacted Amanda about posting her work and she graciously sent me over several images to include. I asked her how she got started and here is what she had to say...



I started the company Emory & James (combination of family names from my mother and father's side of the family) on my own a few years ago in Nashville, TN, but have recently brought my sister, Elissa Bennett of Fayetteville, AR, on board. We currently sell out of two high-end stationery stores in the Nashville area (The Paper Place and Amy's Unique Gifts); but, we're looking to expand into key cities across the country within this next year. A large part of our business, however, is done through word of mouth--I can't tell you how often we hear, "My friend so-and-so gave me one of your platters for a wedding present and it was our absolute favorite gift! I'd like to place an order (or three!), please."



Although wedding invitations and baby announcements tend to be the majority of our business, we also make platters out of 50th Birthday Invitations, business cards, custom monograms or event ticket stubs--you name it. It's a chic alternative to framing, and certainly more special than letting it sit in a dusty box. The platters can be used for anything from display to hors d'oeuvres and are often a conversation piece. We're always looking for new (and of course, chic!) ways to preserve life's most special occasions and thoroughly enjoy getting to help clients give their friends a gift they'll get a teary, ecstatic phone call about--that's always fun.
.


.
. .
. .
.
. ...
.
How fabulous is this gift idea!! I don't know if you are as sentimental as me, but I think this is the perfect gift to preserve special memories...and so useful for the entertainer too! This is definitely a stand out gift that the lucky one receiving will not forget! Thank you Amanda and Elissa for sharing your fabulous work! (Sorry for the overload on exclamation points...you can tell I am very excited about Emory & James)

..
Photos via Emory and James
.

.

5 comments: