Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An Emotional Map

I saw this creative idea a couple of months ago on A Lucky Orchid Wedding and came across it yesterday when looking in my "Events" file for some blogging inspiration. I just love this fabulous twist on the typical wedding map! Usually when I see a map incorporated into a wedding its used as the Save the Date, marking the location of the upcoming nuptials, or in the welcome bags for the out of town guests (so they won't get lost all weekend). This however, is an emotional map(click here for a bigger version) describing the bride and groom's journey in life and how their paths eventually crossed. I think this is a great way for family and friends of the bride to get to know the groom better and vice versa. For my readers who are in the midst of wedding planning (and interested in incorporating a map), I would advise to have a map of the wedding weekend festivites on one side and an emotional map on the other (just my two cents!). What do you think?
.

.

Photo via A Lucky Orchid Wedding

1 comment:

  1. I adore this calligraphy...
    I had her do my name,
    brooke & michael's,
    and abby's name for
    calling cards and notecards...
    love it. she does beautiful
    work.

    ReplyDelete