Thursday, September 3, 2009

Game Time

Well, the countdown is officially over...college football begins tonight! My boyfriend has been counting down the days with excitement, which of course is no surprise. In Alabama, football is like a religion. Weekend plans revolve around football. Fall weddings are purposely planned on "off" weekends or better yet, most die hard football fans wouldn't even consider getting married in the fall! Its pretty crazy, but thats the south for you...especially Alabama. I have to admit, I do get into football games, mainly because I love a good tailgate! When I think of game day food, I think of BBQ sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, and chicken fingers. Why not get a little more creative this year?? How adorable are these little footballs(am I allowed to use adorable and football in the same sentence?)!!??



Use your team of choice to help plan your menu. Are you rooting for Texas? Have a taco station, guacamole and chips, and a margarita bar.

Big LSU fan? Make some gumbo, or grits and grillades for a twist on game day food. Maybe throw in a hurricane cocktail and some moonpies too!

Whatever your team, get creative and have some fun this year with your tailgate. Below are a few images from Southern Living to get you started...




Photos via Southern Living

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big football fan, but those eggs are amazing. Love them. I'll have to try them out this year when my in-laws have their superbowl party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the eggs! Sadly, I am not a huge football fan although I must root for the fiance's alma mater, Notre Dame. I have gotten into a good tailgate though!

    ReplyDelete