Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I heart Birthdays!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE birthdays (especially my own, ha!). I think my love for birthdays started when I was very young, and I blame my mother for this. Every year she planned the most fabulous birthday parties a girl could ever wish for. Unfortunately those were the days when pictures were taken on film, leaving me with none of my birthday pictures to post today :( . My mom seriously should have started a children's birthday party planning company, like Dawn from MerryB Events.
.
Dawn, MerryBelle, and Brooks

I was flipping through the September issue of Birmingham Magazine and came across Dawn's story. With a background in coporate events and a love for throwing fabulous parties for her children, Dawn launched MerryB Events in 2008.  MerryB Events lets mothers sit back, relax and enjoy their child's birthday! MerryB works with you to create the perfect theme for your child's birthday and takes care of every detail following...including the clean up!









.
I love these images from MerryB's pirate theme party. The invitation is so perfect and sets the tone for the party...and who wouldn't love to cut into that treasure chest for a bite of cake?!
.
Ok, so what do you do if you don't live in Birmingham and can't hire Merry B?? Enlist the help of family and friends! First, find out what type of party your child would like to have.  Then, look for inspiration everywhere around you...trust me you will find it! Finally, get creative and have some fun. The more relaxed you are, the more fun your guests will have at the party.
.
Happy planning!
.
Photos via MerryB Events




No comments:

Post a Comment