Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Backyard Cookout, Part 1

My last post got me thinking about some "must haves" for a backyard cookout. I love the casual table setting below. Its modern and classic at the same time, and perfect for an outdoor party. I think my favorite part might just be the wooden utensils! Check out this site for more plate designs and this site for more picnic cutlery.
If you live in the South like me you can't have a party outdoors without at least "trying" to fend off the mosquitos. I'm not so sure these citronella candles actually work, so if anyone has a better suggestion, please leave me a comment!



Decorating for a backyard cookout is easy. Plant your yard/pots at the beginning of the season and you are ready for parties all summer long.






And of course, you can't forget a yard game, right?



Photos via Southern Living and Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment