Sunday, July 19, 2009

Farmer's Market

The weather in Birmingham this weekend was absolutely beautiful! And, when the weather is nice (especially in the summertime), all I want to do is be outside. On Saturday morning my boyfriend, Matt, and I ventured down to Pepper Place where there is a Farmer's Market every Saturday in the summer. We decided since the weather was so nice that we should have an impromptu cookout. We picked up some tomatoes, potatoes and peaches, and transformed them into tomato pie, potato salad and peach cobbler. Matt fired up the grill and made beer can chicken as the main course. Some friends brought over conecuh sausage (my absolute favorite!!) and a delicious green salad. It was the perfect summer menu for a casual cookout with close friends. Not only is the Farmer's Market great for fresh fruit and vegetables, but if you are throwing a party, you can also pick up fresh flowers. It can be your one-stop shop for entertaining! Below are a few pictures I snapped during our outing. If you haven't been to the Farmer's Market this summer you must go and check it out!






I was hoping to paste a copy of the recipes I used for the cookout in this post, but I am having some serious formatting issues. I need a lesson on blogging!! You can find the tomato pie and potato salad recipes I used here and here.

The peach cobbler recipe I borrowed from a friend and it is SO easy!!

1 stick of butter

1 cup of sugar

1 cup of flour

5 peeled and sliced peaches

1/4 tsp of cinammon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer peaches on the bottom of a baking dish. Combine butter, sugar and flour and mix until crumbly. Pour mixture on top and sprinkle with cinammon. Bake in the oven until brown, approximately 45 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, next weekend I going there, I still have not been!

    ReplyDelete