Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's A....

BOY! Today, my sister gave birth to her third child and once again she had another boy! Bennett joins his two older twin brothers Turner and Sam, and he is simply perfect! We didn't have an "official" baby shower this year, but in Bennett's honor, I thought I would throw together a little inspiration for those of you who may be in the planning stages of a boy's baby shower. I found this picture on The Newlywed Diaries and fell in love. I know most boy baby showers involve pale blue colors, but I love the sophistication of the rich blues in this picture. This table setting, designed by Carolyn Roehm, gave me the idea to tie in a nautical theme. Since its summer, I thought it would be a fun twist on a traditional baby shower.Which led me to find this invitation design by William Arthur. I love its simplicity! Wouldn't it look great with a navy envelope?It isn't necessary to have placecards for a casual lunch, but I saw these shell place cards by Martha Stewart and thought they were a must! Sometimes its the small touches that make your party unique.

One of my favorite parts of party planning involves picking the menu. I LOVE food! Especially seafood, which fits in nicely with my nautical theme. The picture below does not do Ina Garten's Shrimp Salad justice. I would serve this on a bed of lettuce with some fresh fruit and a glass of sweet tea.


and for dessert.....Martha Stewart's blueberry tart...YUM!


I think favors are a thoughtful way to thank guests for attending, especially if its a shower when gifts are involved. I think this "Sea Salt Neroli" candle from Caldrea would add a nice pop of color to the blue and white tablescape.
Good luck to all of you planning baby showers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment