Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bloggers Gift Guide: Kathryn from Snippet and Ink

I am SO thrilled to have Kathryn from Snippet and Ink guest blogging today on her favorite gift ideas for the season! I fell in love with Kathryn's blog awhile ago...and even though I am not planning a wedding, I still sneak a peak every day at her AMAZING inspiration boards! You have got to go check them out....as soon as you finish reading her holiday shopping tips here....
.
.

I'm so excited to be here on so.chic today - thank you so much to Sidney for inviting me! I always think it's nice to have a range of options and prices, and I think gift giving is so much more fun when it's something delightfully unexpected. So, with that in mind, here are some of my picks for this year's holiday gifts...
.
beverages:


L: Golden Star Tea is a non-alcoholic sparkling tea, and it's a great (read: sophisticated) alternative to Martinelli's. At $13, it would make a great hostess gift.
R: A unique liquor with a great story, Root is perfect for the men in your life. Or the incredibly cool women.

jewels:

L: Who doesn't love to receive jewelry! Especially unique vintage pieces like these enamel pansies from Doyle & Doyle have been on my wish list for months.
R: For new jewelry, I'm not sure you can beat Sarah Perlis. I especially love these rose cut diamond studs. (Plus, you can get 25% off everything at the Sarah Perlis online shop until the end of December! Just enter code Joy2009 at checkout.)

glass:

Top: Juliska makes wonderfully whimsical glassware, like this pretty bedside carafe. Who wouldn't love one of these!
Bottom: Topping out at $5, these modern glass candle holders from CB2 are both stylish and budget friendly.

surprises:

Anandamayi Arnold is an incredibly talented woman who makes the most beautiful surprise balls from crepe paper, in various shapes like flowers and fruit, that she sells at Tail of the Yak in Berkeley. These are an utterly charming gift idea, and even if you're not in the Bay Area, I imagine you could give the shop a call and have them send one to you.

letter sets:

Top: My only resolution for 2010 is to write more letters, and I'm hoping to convince others to join me by giving beautiful correspondence sets, like these pieces by Alice Gabb.
Bottom: Yellow Owl Workshop has several fun letter writing sets to choose from.
.
I hope this gives you some ideas for those tough-to-buy-for friends and family. Happy holidays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment