Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trimming the Tree

Its December and my tree is officially trimmed! I just love decorating for Christmas. A little red wine, some Christmas music and I'm ready to go! My parents have recently started the tradition of giving my sister and me a handful of Christmas ornaments each year at Thanksgiving(they get great ornaments on sale after Christmas and hold onto them until Thanksgiving). I'm on my way to out growing my 6-7 foot tree!! I think it turned out pretty nice...what do you think?? My roomie and I are still debating on whether we like the bow on top...I need some feedback from you!




After I got my tree decorated, my BF enlisted my help over at his house. His parents started a tradition when he was little of letting him and his brother pick out one ornament each year for their tree. It was hilarious going through all the ornaments he picked out as a kid! There were several that lit up or had moving parts. All I kept thinking was..."this is such a boy ornament." I did find a few I liked...and I think my favorite was "Santa raiding the fridge."




His tree still needs a topper and a few more ornaments (and of course some presents under the tree for me!). All this talk about ornaments got me thinking about party favors. I have a friend getting married this weekend, and of course I think of this when its too late to pass along the idea to her, but wouldn't it be fun to give an ornament as a favor at a Christmas/December wedding? I think it would be an especially cute idea if it was a destination wedding. I've heard friends mention that they love to buy an ornament when they go on a trip as a little memory of the fun they had.
.

Getting married in London? ....


.

Or maybe New York City? ...
.

.

Or Napa? ...


.

Or, maybe you are getting married at home and your wedding is full of winter accents...this snowflake would be perfect!


.


Or, maybe your colors are red and gold... why not be classic and simple with these balls?




Attach a small note to say thanks and your favors are complete!
.
Some ornaments can get expensive, so this might be best for weddings with a small guest list. Or, instead of favors at the wedding, why not make place card holders out of ornaments for the rehearsal dinner? Have each guests name hand painted onto a colored ball ornament...this could be an easy DIY project!
.

Ornaments would also be a great idea for favors at a Christmas party or as Christmas gifts for your friends!


4 comments:

  1. so fun!! love love love the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got married in New Orleans in December and handed out fluer de lis at the rehearsal dinner to everyone. Today is my 3 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it pulls the tree together when a bow topper candy-canes down the tree. You know, wrap a longer piece of ribbon diagonally and loosely from the top to the bottom.

    Love it, Sidney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing.
    Loved the trees.
    Hope there are some special gifts under the BF's tree for you!

    ReplyDelete